Eyezen™ by Essilor
Protect Your Eyes Against Digital Eye Strain with New Eyezen™+ Lenses!
Designed for the way you see the world, taking care of your eyes from the harshness of modern life. They reduce strain from viewing digital devices so you can focus on what matters to you. It’s a real see good, feel good story.
How Eyezen+ is Different! A single vision lens with two major benefits:
- Defends Against Eye Strain Associated with Device Use
- Eyezen+ lenses contain a small amount of accommodative relief to help alleviate eye strain caused by viewing near objects, like cell phones and tablets.
- Reduces Exposure to Harmful Blue Light
Eyezen+ lenses utilize Essilor’s Smart Blue Filter™ feature, which reduces exposure to Harmful Blue Light coming from devices, inside lighting, and even the sun. More about Eyezen.
Protection Against Blue Light
Eyezen is a new range of lenses designed for a connected life. It draws on extensive Essilor research, and includes two important technologies. The first: Eyezen Focus lens technology brings extra power optimized according to wearers’ profiles in the bottom part of the lens to support the eye’s effort in focusing at ultra-near distances that are typical of handheld devices. The second is Light Scan, a unique light filtering technology drawn from Essilor’s landmark Crizal Prevencia innovation, which protects eyes from the harmful blue-violet light emitted by digital screens.
Within the Eyezen range are different types of solution. Essilor Eyezen are new single vision lenses for permanent wear available in different design optimizations. These support eye focusing efforts according to the physiological needs of three age groups (young adults aged 20-34 years, pre-presbyopes aged 35-44 and emerging presbyopes 45-50 years). Varilux Eyezen are new multi-focal lenses for occasional wear specifically designed for the digital activities of presbyopes. They exist in three designs optimized according to type of screen most used – smartphone/tablet, computer or large screen (TV or projector). In addition to existing personalization parameters, Varilux Eyezen lenses also offer an exclusive new personalization parameter – screen distance (vision distance to computer screen) to match individual intermediate vision needs.
FAQs about Eyezen Lenses
What problem are Eyezen lenses by Essilor coming to solve?
Due to increased use of digital devices by people of all ages, many of our patients suffer from eye fatigue and headaches. EyeZen lenses are designed to reduce eye strain by protecting against blue light exposure from computers, cell phones, tablets and the sun. .
What are Eyezen lenses and how does the technology work?
Eyezen lenses contain specially-treated lenses which contain a high-quality anti-glare filter that keeps out harmful blue light rays. Eyezen lenses filter out 20% of harmful blue light rays. The lens has a slight yellow tint.
Who is a good candidate for EyeZen lenses?
- Those who spend at least several hours per day in front of digital devices.
- Patients who do not need distance correction.
- A great lens for kids.
- Patients who are primarily contact lens wearers, but spend hours per day on the computer
What are the benefits of EyeZen lenses?
- Alleviate headaches and eye fatigue.
- Protect your eyes against harmful blue light rays.
- Wearing Eyezen lenses makes your eyes function more efficiently.
- In addition to being worn for reading and working, many users of EyeZen lenses will wear the glasses full time.